2019 AUDITION INFORMATION & FINALIST REQUIREMENTS
Important Dates for Applicants:
Nov 1 Applications Available
Nov 26 Application Deadline
Nov 29 Auditions in Santa Maria
Dec 1, 2 Auditions in Santa Barbara
Dec 2 Finalists Announced
Mandatory dates for Finalists:
Dec 5 Finalists’ Orientation Meeting
Jan 20,27, Feb 3,10,18 Finalists’ Music/Dance Rehearsal
TBA Finalists’ Mentor Day
Feb 22 Finalists’ Rehearsal
Feb 23 Finalists’ Tech Rehearsal & Finale
- Contestants must be a 7th– 12thgrade student, attending a Junior High or High School within Santa Barbara County.
- Contestants may not berepresented by management, an agent, or under contract with a label.
- Contestants must apply online no later than 11/26/18 in order to be considered.TeenStarUSA.com
- Contestants’ parents must sign online Agreements (agreement link will be emailed).
- The first 100 applicants will be offered audition time slots. First come, first served, with completed application & agreements.
- Contestants will be contacted on or before 11/26/18 to schedule an audition time slot.
- Contestants must arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled audition time for check-in.
- The audition consists of a brief interview and a 16-32 bars allowance to perform an a cappella song solo in front of a panel of judges. Please come prepared with two contrasting songs.
- Contestants must be accompanied to the audition by a parent or guardian.
- Contestants mustbring two (2) 5x7 color head shots to their audition. No head shot = no audition. Head shot photos will become the property of Teen Star and will not be returned to the contestant.
Finalists will be announced– on Facebook.com/TeenStarUSA and on Instagram @teenstarusa. Starting at 8:00pm on 12/2/18, we will begin posting the Top 10 Finalists. Make sure you “Like” us on Facebook and follow @teenstarusa on Instagram to see all the latest information and the Teen Star Finalists.
- Submit a 150-250 word bio or submit a one-page essay on you, your interests, hobbies, and ambitions.Email to LauraTeenStar@gmail.comby 12/29/18.
- Please review the Teen Star timeline (below) so you can be sure to attend all rehearsals, the orientation, your mentor session, and the finale.
- There will be a small fee for the group costume.
- Finalists must prepare two 2 ½ minute solos.
Questions Regarding Teen Star Santa Barbara?