2018 AUDITION INFORMATION & FINALIST REQUIREMENTS
Important Dates for Applicants:
Oct. 1 Applications Available
Nov. 5 Application Deadline
Nov. 9 Auditions in Santa Maria
Nov.11-12 Auditions in Santa Barbara
Nov. 12 Finalists Announced
Mandatory dates for Finalists:
Nov. 15 Finalists’ Orientation Meeting
TBA Finalists’ Music/Dance Rehearsal
Jan. 6 Finalists’ Mentor Day
Feb. 23 Finalists’ Rehearsal
Feb. 24 Finalists’ Tech Rehearsal & Finale
- Contestants must be a 7th – 12th grade student, attending a Junior High or High School within Santa Barbara County.
- Contestants may not be represented by management, an agent, or under contract with a label.
- Contestants must apply online no later than 11/5/17 in order to be considered. www.TeenStarUSA.com
- Contestants’ parents must sign online Agreements (agreement link will be emailed).
- The first 100 applicants will be offered audition time slots. First come, first served, with completed application & agreements.
- Contestants will be contacted on or before 11/4//17 to schedule an audition time slot.
- Contestants must arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled audition time for check-in.
- The audition consists of a brief interview and a 16-32 bars allowance to perform an a cappella song solo in front of a panel of judges. Please come prepared with two contrasting songs.
- Contestants must be accompanied to the audition by a parent or guardian.
- Contestants must bring two (2) 5x7 color head shots to their audition. No head shot = no audition. Head shot photos will become the property of Teen Star and will not be returned to the contestant.
Finalists will be announced – on Facebook.com/TeenStarUSA and on Instagram @teenstarusa. Starting at 8:00pm on 11/12/17, we will begin posting the Top 10 Finalists. Make sure you “Like” us on Facebook and follow @teenstarusa on Instagram to see all the latest information and the Teen Star Finalists.
- Submit a 150-250 word bio or submit a one-page essay on you, your interests, hobbies, and ambitions. Email to Laura@TeenStarUSA.com by 11/30/17.
- Please review the Teen Star timeline (above) so you can be sure to attend all rehearsals, the orientation, your mentor session, and the finale.
- There will be a small fee for the group costume.
- Finalists must prepare two 2 ½ minute solos.
Questions Regarding Teen Star Santa Barbara?