2020 AUDITION INFORMATION & FINALIST REQUIREMENTS
Important Dates for Applicants:
Oct 15 Applications Open
Nov 11 Application Deadline
Nov 14 Auditions in Santa Maria
Nov 16, 17 Auditions in Santa Barbara
Nov 17 Finalists Announced
Mandatory dates for Finalists:
Nov 20 Finalists’ Orientation Meeting
Jan 11 Finalists’ Mentor Day
Jan 12, 26, Feb 2, 17 Finalists’ Music/Dance Rehearsal
Feb 21 Finalists’ Rehearsal
Feb 22 Finalists’ Tech Rehearsal & Finale
- Contestants must be a 7th– 12thgrade student, attending a Junior High or High School within Santa Barbara County.
- Contestants may not berepresented by management, an agent, or under contract with a label.
- Contestants must apply online no later than 11/11/19 in order to be considered.TeenStarUSA.com
- Contestants’ parents must sign online Agreements (agreement link will be emailed).
- The first 100 applicants will be offered audition time slots. First come, first served, with completed application & agreements.
- Contestants will be contacted on or before 11/11/19 to schedule an audition time slot.
AuditionContestants must arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled audition time for check-in.
- The audition consists of a brief interview and a 16-32 bars allowance to sing a cappella in front of a panel of judges. Please come prepared with two contrasting songs.
- Contestants must be accompanied to the audition by a parent or guardian.
- Contestants must bring two (2) 5×7 color head shots to their audition. No head shot, no audition. Head shot photos will become the property of Teen Star and will not be returned to the contestant.
Finalists will be announced– on Facebook.com/TeenStarUSA and on Instagram @teenstarusa. Starting at 8:00pm on 11/17/19, we will begin posting the Top 10 Finalists. Make sure you “Like” us on Facebook and follow @teenstarusa on Instagram to see all the latest information and the Teen Star Finalists.
- Submit a 150-250 word bio or submit a one-page essay on you, your interests, hobbies, and ambitions.Email to LauraTeenStar@gmail.comby 12/29/19.
- Please review the Teen Star timeline (above) so you can be sure to attend all rehearsals, the orientation, your mentor session, and the finale.
- There will be a small fee for the group costume.
- Finalists must prepare two 2 ½ minute solos.
Questions Regarding Teen Star Santa Barbara?